One Of The Most Popular Sauces: Kam Heong Sauce 金香酱
Sauce can either make or break a recipe for a dish. You want it to be flavourful without overpowering the other ingredients added into it. You also want it to enhance whatever it is added to taste even better. This Vegetarian Kam Heong Sauce is a simple yet elegant gourmet vegan curry sauce that is so quick and easy to make. So with this homemade sauce, there’s really no reason why anyone can’t start enjoying gourmet veggie food right away.
This Fragrant Spicy Sauce Goes Amazing With Almost Anything
Kam Heong Sauce literally means “Golden and Fragrant” Sauce translated from the Cantonese dialect. This sauce tastes amazing as it has a combination of Chinese, Malay and Indian flavours all mixed together. More amazing is this is a VEGETARIAN Kam Heong Sauce, as we used vegetarian ingredients for this recipe.
With the combinations of vegetarian dried shrimps, chilli, curry powder and curry leaves, it gives this vegetarian sauce the same great flavours and aromas as the one that is non vegetarian where dried shrimps are used instead. Simply stir fry the soaked vegetarian dried prawns with chillies and candlenuts in a curry leaf infused oil until fragrant. Then, add in all the vegetarian seasoning ingredients and continue to stir fry over low heat for just another 1 to 2 minutes. And we’re done!
This flavourful spicy sauce is very versatile as it can be used to fry almost anything, from vegetables to vegetarian meat. You can easily make a batch of this and store in the refrigerator for use anytime. Now, how convenient is that?
Vegetarian Kam Heong Sauce 素甘香酱
- 30 gram vegetarian dried shrimps, soaked till soft
- 20 gram candlenuts, blend
- 3 bird’s eye chili, diced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 stalks curry leaves
- First, have ready all ingredients needed to make the sauce.
- Soaked vegetarian dried shrimps till soft.
- Then drained well and set aside for later use.
- Using a blender, blend the candlenuts and set aside.
- Dice the bird eye’s chillies.
- Wash and drained well the fragrant curry leaves. And we’re ready to cook the sauce!
- Heat up oil in a wok.
- Add in the curry leaves and stir fry till fragrant. Retain the oil but remove the fried curry leaves.
- Add in the soaked vegetarian dried shrimps, blended candlenuts and diced bird eye’s chillies. Continue to stir fry till aromatic.
- Then add in curry powder, sugar, soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce and dark soy sauce.
- Stir well and continue to cook over low heat for another 2 minutes. And we’re done!
- This sauce can be kept refrigerated for up to a month until needed.
- This vegetarian kam heong sauce taste so good when stir fry with crispy vegetarian chicken. ENJOY!