About Huang Kitchen
Huang Kitchen started out as a simple food blog in 2014 to document family recipes (mother’s recipes) and traditional cooking that may otherwise be lost with time. Since then, our recipe website has grown to be a trusted recipe source with 100k+ followers and a growing YouTube channel; with over 300 recipes featuring classic recipes recreating flavours from the past, to favourite dishes that you can easily make at home.
All recipes created have been tried and tested in our kitchen. Our recipes are complete with step by step photo instructions and videos, made easy for anyone to follow, even if you’re new to the kitchen.
Whether you are learning how to make traditional mooncakes from scratch, or recreating your favourite Chicken Rendang dish, you will certainly find Huang Kitchen a reliable recipe source and trusted cooking guide for your culinary journey.
Meet Angie Liew of Huang Kitchen
Angie Liew (known as Huang) is the founder and author of Huang Kitchen. She is based in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. She started Huang Kitchen as a simple cooking blog in 2014 to document and share treasured family recipes with her family. Documenting old recipes from her mother and nostalgic dishes that recreates the flavours from the past. What started out as a personal family recipe blog has since then expanded to a trusted recipe website with 100k+ followers all around the world.
Learning cooking from her mother, Angie is passionate about home cooking and believes that like everything good in life, good food should be shared with everyone.
Huang Kitchen Features & Awards
- Featured User in Facebook’s F8 Conference Video 2015
- Featured Author On Kitchenbowl App
- Featured Author On Snapguide App
- Feature Story in China Press Newspaper (Cooking With Chinese New Year Leftovers)
- Feature Story in BuzzFeed (15 Incredibly Easy and Inventive Marmite Recipes)
- Second Prize Winner in Snapguide’s Summer Grilling Contest
- First Prize In Lodge’s Some Like It Hot Contest (How To Charcoal Grill The Perfect Chicken Wings)
- Runner Up in Instructable’s Cooking Basics Challenge (French Toast Restaurant Style Recipe)
- Second Prize in Zojirushi’s Baking Contest (Zesty Lemon Cupcakes Recipe)
- Runner Up In Instructable’s Sugar Contest
- Runner Up In Nomiku’s Cooking For One Contest
- Runner Up In Instructable’s Valentine’s Day Challenge 2016
- Runner Up In Instructable’s Valentine’s Day Challenge 2017
- Runner Up In Instructable’s Bread Challenge 2017
- Honorable Mention in Kitchenbowl’s Snacktime Favourites Contest
- Honorable Mention in Kitchenbowl’s Cooking With Video Contest