A Vegetarian Dish That is Sure To Impress: Vegetarian Kam Heong Chicken 素金香鸡丁
If you’re having a dinner party with a Vegetarian theme and you’re hoping to impress especially your guests who are not vegetarian, then this dish may just be it. Vegetarian Kam Heong Chicken is guaranteed to look impressive and taste delicious. Surely will not disappoint anyone in your party.
Stir Fried With Golden Fragrant Kam Heong Sauce
Kam Heong Chicken literally means “Golden Fragrant” Chicken, translated from the Cantonese dialect. This vegetarian adaptation of the popular dish is very similar to the actual Kam Heong Chicken, which is a very popular dish served in many Chinese restaurants throughout Malaysia. The difference here is Vegetarian Kam Heong Sauce is used to fry with vegetarian chicken meat instead.
Fragrant Combination of Spices And Flavour All In One Dish
For this dish, we are using homemade vegetarian Kam Heong sauce from the previous recipe (see recipe link here). With the combinations of vegetarian dried shrimps, chilli, curry powder and curry leaves in this Kam Heong sauce, it gives this vegetarian dish such great flavours and aroma. Definitely a favourite dish for vegetarians who enjoy gourmet vegetarian recipes.
If you’re planning to make your own vegetarian meat instead of using store bought ones, do refer to our other recipe here. Surely a tastier and healthier option too.
This flavourful dish goes perfectly with steamed rice and makes a great one dish meal as well.
As always, ENJOY!
If You Like This Recipe, Check Out Our Other Recipes Below:
- Vegetarian Chicken Pongteh 素娘惹焖豆酱鸡
- Stir Fry Fermented Beancurd Water Spinach 炒腐乳空心菜
- Vegetarian Pandan Chicken 素香兰鸡
- Sweet And Sour Abalone Mushrooms 酸甜鲍鱼菇
- White Tapioca Tarts With Coconut Topping 椰丝白木薯塔
Vegetarian Kam Heong Chicken 素甘香鸡丁
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- Have ready all ingredients needed to cook this dish.
- To cook this dish, first heat up some oil in wok. Then dip a wooden chopstick into the oil. The oil will bubble around the stick when it’s ready for frying.
- Add in the crispy vegetarian chicken pieces and deep fry till golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Using a strainer, remove the golden brown vegetarian chicken from the oil.
- Set aside to drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Retain a little oil in wok. Then add in Kam Heong sauce, cut lemongrass and red chillies. Stir fry till fragrant.
- Then add in hot water and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Next, add in the deep fried crispy vegetarian chicken.
- Over low heat, stir fry to evenly coat all the vegetarian crispy chicken with the sauce and until the sauce has thickened. And we’re done!
- Dish out onto serving plate to serve immediately.
- This dish can also be served as a convenient quick vegetarian one-dish meal to be enjoyed in the comfort of our home. ENJOY!