This is a muffin that tastes like a doughnut. Best of all, there’s no frying. Aside from being much, much easier to make, these doughnut muffins are simply delicious. The creamed batter gives a light cake texture, while a dip in melted butter mirrors the satisfying “friedness” of a doughnut. A hefty coating of cinnamon-sugar make these mini muffins taste just like cinnamon-sugar doughnuts.
- 90 g sugar, 1/2 cup
- 56 g butter, melted, 1/4 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 g all-purpose flour, 1 cup
- 55 g butter, melted, 1/4 cup
- 55 g sugar, 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Grease a 24 mini muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, melted butter and nutmeg. Blend these ingredients well.
- Stir in the milk. Then mix in the baking powder and flour until JUST combined.
- Fill the greased muffin cups half full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops turn golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking, place the melted butter in a low edge bowl. In another bowl mix together the sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Remove the muffins from their cups, dip each of them in the melted butter and roll it in the cinnamon sugar.
- Let the doughnut muffins cool on the rack before serving.