You will love this easy bread machine Banana Bread Loaf Recipe! This bread is really super easy to make: just prepare the ingredients, put into the bread machine and press start. You’ll get delicious homemade banana bread in no time!
Watch How To Make Banana Bread Loaf (Bread Machine Recipe)
This is Possibly The Easiest Banana Bread Loaf Recipe
If you love all things banana, then you will definitely love this Banana Bread Loaf. Made with bread flour and overripe bananas, this banana bread loaf is super moist, tender and packed with flavour. As this banana bread is made using a bread machine, it is extremely simple and super easy to make.
All it takes is about 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients and toss everything into the bread pan of the bread machine, press the setting button and in no time, your kitchen will be filled with the fragrance of fresh banana bread. And it tastes simply delicious, toasted with banana aroma! If you haven’t tried it yet, perhaps now’s the time.
What is Banana Bread Loaf?
This Banana Bread Loaf is a super soft and moist bread, made using bread flour and overripe bananas. Just like our Matcha Green Tea Milk Bread recipe, this banana flavoured dough is knead, proof and baked to perfection in a bread machine.
Adding chopped toasted walnuts into this banana bread gives extra crunch and greatly enhances the overall flavour. This banana loaf bread is super easy to make too.
How to Make Banana Bread Loaf?
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Bananas (overripe bananas)
- Cooking oil
- Bread flour
- Walnuts (toasted)
Baking Steps Summary
- Toast and then coarsely chop the walnuts.
- In bread pan, add in sliced bananas followed by water, cooking oil, salt, sugar, bread flour and yeast.
- Place bread pan into bread machine. Set menu to BASIC setting and MEDIUM crust. When the machine beeps, add in chopped walnuts.
- Let the dough knead, rise and bake in bread machine.
- When baked, remove bread from pan and cool on wire rack. Let cool completely before slicing and Enjoy!
How to Store Banana Bread Loaf So It Stays Fresh?
- If consume within the next three days, store the bread in airtight container or bag at room temperature. First make sure to cool the bread completely after baked. Then sandwich the loaf of bread between two paper towels in the container. The paper towel will absorb excess moisture from the bread during the next few days. Then firmly seal the lid of the airtight container or bag. If kept refrigerated, can keep up to six days.
- If plan to keep longer, we can freeze the entire bread loaf or freeze the banana bread in slices. When stored properly, frozen banana bread can keep up to two months. As usual, make sure the bread is cooled completely before storing. Then wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap. Then wrap again in aluminium foil or place in an airtight freezer bag before storing in the freezer. To thaw the bread, remove from the freezer and allow it to come to room temperature, covered on the counter.
Some Ways to Serve Banana Bread Loaf
- Use as a sandwich bread
- Spread with kaya (coconut jam), fruity jam, peanut butter or Nutella
- Enjoy toasted with butter
Important Tips When Baking This Banana Bread
- To key to make super moist banana bread is to use only very ripe, in fact overripe bananas. The best bananas are those that are soft and shows small brown & black spots on the yellow exterior of the banana. The riper the bananas, the more moist is the bread and the more banana flavour it will have. Unripe bananas have more starch and less sugar than ripe bananas, hence your banana bread will be bland and lack in banana flavour.
- Use only 3 medium size bananas for this recipe which is about 300g. Do not add too much bananas as it can make the mixture too wet and the banana bread could come out undercooked.
- When adding ingredients into the bread pan, always follow the order of the ingredients listed so that liquid ingredients are placed in the bread pan first and the dry ingredients second. (Or follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific bread machine). The bread pan should be removed from the bread machine before you start to add any ingredients. This helps to avoid spilling any ingredient inside the bread machine.
- Always allow the banana bread to cool completely before slicing. This may take up to 2 hours. Otherwise, the banana bread will break (crumble) easily when cut.
- Also refer to our other recipe on Bread Machine Basic White Bread for more tips on basic bread making and how to use the bread machine.
Here are Other Bread Recipes That You May Like:
- Matcha Green Tea Milk Bread Recipe (Bread Machine)
- Basic White Bread Recipe (Bread Machine)
- Moist and Buttery Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- Hainanese Style Homemade Caramel Kaya Recipe (Coconut Egg Jam)
- Easy Soda Bread with Raisins Recipe
Homemade Banana Bread Loaf (Bread Machine) 香蕉面包(面包机)食谱
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- Bread Machine
- 3 overripe bananas (medium), 300g, cut into small pieces
- 60 ml water, ¼ cup
- 60 ml cooking oil, ¼ cup
- ¾ tsp salt
- 45 grams sugar, 3 tbsp
- 400 grams bread flour, 3 cups
- 1 tsp yeast
- 45 grams walnuts, ½ cup, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Have ready all ingredients needed.
- Skinned bananas and cut into small pieces. Also, coarsely chopped toasted walnuts.
- Place cut bananas, water, cooking oil, sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast into the bread pan.
- Lock the bread pan into position in the bread machine and close the lid. Press MENU for BASIC setting and change crust colour to MEDIUM. Then press START to commence operation.
- Kneading of the bread will start. Just 8 minutes before the end of second kneading cycle, the bread machine will beep. Add in the walnuts at this time and continue kneading.
- The bread dough will continue to go through the knead and proof cycle.
- After the 3rd rise, the bread will go through the bake cycle whereby the bread will be baked. After baking, remove bread pan from bread machine.
- Transfer bread onto a cooling rack. Leave to cool completely before slicing.
- Slice and serve the banana loaf bread with butter and jam and Enjoy!
Baking Banana Bread:
- Always use overripe bananas. Choose those soft, overripe bananas with peels that are covered in brown spots because they’re sweet and have a strong banana flavour.
- You can use frozen bananas. Thaw them at room temperature and drain off any excess liquid before mixing with the other ingredients.
- To keep the bread moist and fresh, always allow it to cool completely after baking. Then wrap tightly in a layer of plastic wrap and store in a freezer zip-top bag or a large plastic container with a tight fitting lid.
- If keep at room temperature, this banana bread loaf will last for up to 3 days. If refrigerate, it is good for up to 6 days. Alternately, you can wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. You can also freeze banana bread in slices because the slices thaw much quicker. To consume, just thaw to room temperature and or toast before consuming.