Easy Homemade Banana Bread Recipe with Toasted Walnuts
Anyone who loves banana will probably love banana bread and generally there are two reasons why you make banana bread. You either have over ripe banana on hand or you crave the smell of banana bread baking in your home!
This Homemade Banana Bread may be just the one for you. It is loaded with soft and sweet bananas and coarsely chopped toasted walnuts. It has a super moist texture, buttery banana flavour and is extremely easy to make.
Wondering What To Do with Over Ripe Bananas? Try This Absolutely Easy Recipe For Banana Bread
Yes, you will be surprised at how easy it is. There is no need to use a mixer at all. Just mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another and fold the two mixtures together and we are done.
If you have any leftover spotty ripe bananas on hand, why not bake this scrumptious banana bread instead. You will never need to throw away any ripe bananas anymore! Also, any variety of bananas work great with this recipe too.
Have more ripe bananas at home? These are some of our favourite recipes to try too, perfect for over ripe bananas: Easy Banana Fritters (Jemput Pisang), Banana Crumb Muffins and Dainty Banana Walnut Muffins.
A Simple and Forgiving Quick Bread Recipe
This banana bread loaf recipe is very forgiving as you can actually vary the amount of sugar and bananas to adjust to your own liking. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious banana bread loaf.
The actual secret to the great flavour of this simple banana bread is actually the melted butter. It gives the banana bread such a buttery banana flavour.
Also, a classic addition is the chopped toasted walnuts. The fragrant walnuts give the banana bread such great texture and taste. It gives the bread that extra bite and crunch that surely brings the bread loaf to a next level.
How To Make Delicious Moist Banana Bread
Start By Preparing Ingredients and Equipment
To start making the banana bread, first preheat your oven to 180 degree C and place the oven rack in the centre of the oven. Butter or spray with a non-stick spray the bottom and sides of a 9 x 3.5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the loaf pan with a piece of baking sheet or parchment paper.
Then toast walnuts till fragrant and coarsely chopped them. Set aside while we make the banana bread batter.
Prepare Dry and Wet Ingredients Mixture in 2 Separate Bowls
To make the bread batter, you will need 2 mixing bowls, one large and another medium size. In the large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients. Mix to combine and then stir in the coarsely chopped walnuts.
In the medium size mixing bowl, add in the peeled ripe bananas. Hand mash (with fork) the ripen bananas. Then add in lightly beaten eggs, vanilla extract and melted butter. Stir to mix everything together.
Combine Dry and Wet Ingredients To Form Batter
Next, pour the WET banana mixture into the DRY flour mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet banana mixture into the dry flour mixture just until combined. Do not over mix the batter. Otherwise the banana bread will turn out tough and rubbery. Then transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake Banana Bread In Preheated Oven
Bake in the preheated oven for about one hour till the bread turns golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove the loaf pan from oven to cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes.
Then turn the banana bread out of the loaf pan and peel off the baking sheet at the bottom of the bread. Leave the banana bread to cool completely on the wire rack. You can then cut into thick slices to serve.
Enjoy Banana Bread for Breakfast or Tea Time
This banana bread can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature. The golden brown crust of the banana bread when freshly baked is delightfully crisp and although the crust may soften when cooled and stored, the banana bread’s wonderful moist texture and buttery flavour is still intact.
This banana bread tastes great as is or with a spread of butter over it. This makes a great quick on-the-go breakfast too. Or a perfect addition to your tea time break.
As always, Enjoy!
Easy Homemade Banana Bread 简易香蕉面包
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 9x4x3 inch loaf pan
- 225 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 120 grams walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs, large
- 113 grams butter, melted and cooled
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (or 1 ¾ cup mashed bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First preheat oven to 180 degree C. Place wire rack in centre of oven. Then prepare a loaf pan. Spray the bottom and sides of the loaf pan with a non-stick vegetable spray. Can also brush with melted butter. Then line the bottom of loaf pan with baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Have ready all wet ingredients.
- First, melt softened butter in pan and set aside to cool. Crack 2 fresh eggs in a bowl and lightly beat with a fork.
- Next, peel 3 ripe bananas. Place in a medium size mixing bowl and mashed with a fork. Then add in beaten eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix well and set aside.
- Have ready all dry ingredients needed.
- First, toast walnut over low heat till fragrant. Set aside to cool and coarsely chopped them.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, add in the sifted flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Whisk together till well combined. Then stir in the chopped walnuts and mix well.
- When done preparing the dry and wet ingredients, pour the wet banana mixture into the dry flour mixture. Using a spatula, gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients JUST until combined. (DO NOT OVERMIX).
- Then transfer the banana batter into the prepared loaf pan. Smoothen the top of batter with the spatula or the back of a spoon. Tap to remove air in the batter.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour or until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. And we are done!
- Remove the loaf pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Then turn the bread out from pan and remove the baking sheet at the bottom.
- Cut into thick pieces and serve warm or at room temperture.
- This super moist banana bread is best enjoyed as is or with a spread of butter over a cup of hot brewed tea. As always, Enjoy!
Prepare Oven and Loaf Pan:
Prepare Wet Ingredients:
Prepare Dry Ingredients:
Bake Banana Bread:
- The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning.
- Be sure to turn the banana bread out from the pan shortly after removing from oven. This is because moisture inside the loaf bread and the condensation as it cools will build up can soften the banana bread crust.
- To store ripe bananas, put un-peeled bananas into a plastic bag and freeze until you have enough for baking. You can also peel and mashed ripe bananas and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice per banana and freeze in an airtight container. This can keep for 3 months in the freezer.
- This banana bread can be frozen as well. Put into a plastic bag and put in the freezer. You can freeze the whole loaf or in slices. Simply thaw to room temperature when needed.