These moist banana crumb muffins are loaded with moist, ripe bananas, made so special and inviting by a buttery and crumbly sweet topping. They’re just perfect for breakfast, dessert, tea-time or anytime of the day. It’s so simple to make and super delicious.
Perfect Banana Crumb Muffins
These banana crumb muffins are loaded with moist, mashed ripe bananas and made so special and inviting by a buttery, crumbly sweet topping. They're just perfect for breakfast, dessert, tea-time or anytime of the day. It's so simple to make and super delicious.
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
Servings: 8 Muffins
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, 187g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅔ cup sugar, 150g
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted, room temperature
Topping for muffin
- ¼ cup brown sugar, 55g
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon, (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter, 14g, room temperature
- First preheat oven to 190 degree C (375 F).
- Line a muffin pan with muffin cups.
- Then prepare the DRY ingredients needed to make the muffins.
- In a large bowl, first add in flour.
- Then add in baking powder.
- Followed by baking soda.
- And salt.
- Mix everything together.
- Prepare the WET ingredients needed to make the muffins.
- In a medium size bowl, add in the mashed bananas.
- Add sugar into the mashed bananas.
- Then add the lightly beaten egg.
- Mix everything together with a fork.
- Then add the melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Then add The WET banana mixture into the DRY flour mixture.
- Stir everything together until its JUST moistened. Do not overmix or the muffins will become tough.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to spoon batter into the muffin cups.
- Fill till 2/3 full.
- Next, prepare ingredients to make the toppings for the muffins.
- In a small bowl, add in the brown sugar followed by the all-purpose flour.
- And the ground cinnamon.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Using a fork, cut in the butter into the sugar mixture.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Place the muffin tray into the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tray from oven and cool on oven rack, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to cool completely on cooling rack. And we're done!
- Enjoy these banana crumb muffins for breakfast, snack or anytime of the day!
Tried this recipe?Mention @HuangKitchen or tag #huangkitchen!
Do not overmix the batter or the muffins will be tough. Wrap ripe bananas in cling wrap, seal in airtight ziplock bag before putting in freezer to ensure you have ready supply of bananas to make these muffins.