These moist banana crumb muffins are loaded with moist, ripe bananas, made so special and inviting by a buttery and crumbly sweet topping. They’re just perfect for breakfast, dessert, tea-time or anytime of the day. It’s so simple to make and super delicious.
Perfect Banana Crumb Muffins
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, 187g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅔ cup sugar, 150g
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted, room temperature
Topping for muffin
- ¼ cup brown sugar, 55g
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon, (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter, 14g, room temperature
- First preheat oven to 190 degree C (375 F).
- Line a muffin pan with muffin cups.
- Then prepare the DRY ingredients needed to make the muffins.
- In a large bowl, first add in flour.
- Then add in baking powder.
- Followed by baking soda.
- And salt.
- Mix everything together.
- Prepare the WET ingredients needed to make the muffins.
- In a medium size bowl, add in the mashed bananas.
- Add sugar into the mashed bananas.
- Then add the lightly beaten egg.
- Mix everything together with a fork.
- Then add the melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Then add The WET banana mixture into the DRY flour mixture.
- Stir everything together until its JUST moistened. Do not overmix or the muffins will become tough.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to spoon batter into the muffin cups.
- Fill till 2/3 full.
- Next, prepare ingredients to make the toppings for the muffins.
- In a small bowl, add in the brown sugar followed by the all-purpose flour.
- And the ground cinnamon.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Using a fork, cut in the butter into the sugar mixture.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Place the muffin tray into the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tray from oven and cool on oven rack, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to cool completely on cooling rack. And we're done!
- Enjoy these banana crumb muffins for breakfast, snack or anytime of the day!