These butter cookies are slightly sweet and buttery with wondefully crisp edges. They can be used in a cookie press or as drop cookies. As this is a butter cookie, most of the flavour is coming from the butter so try to use a good quality butter. These crispy butter cookies are so good, it’s just impossible to stop after eating one!
Crispy Butter Cookies 香脆牛油饼干
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 2 cups butter, 454g, room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar, 270g
- 2 eggs, A grade, room temperature
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 590g
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the sifted all-purpose flour into a medium bowl. Then add in the salt.
- Using a whisk, stir it well and set aside.
- Next put the softened butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat the butter until it's just creamy and smooth (optional).
- Add in the white sugar. Then cream the butter and sugar on medium high until it's light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla extract. You can actually substitute with lemon or almond extracts if desire.
- Gradually add in the flour.
- Starting on low speed, mix the flour into the sugar mixture. And we're done!
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour along with 2 cookie sheets. This will make it easier to work with. When the dough is chilled, it will not spread as much while baking.
- Right before baking, preheat oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F). Place oven rack in the centre of the oven.
- Fill your cookie press with chilled dough.
- Then press the cookies onto ungreased chilled cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Decorate the cookies by placing decorative chocolate chips in the centre.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven until they are slightly golden on the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet to cool on wire rack once cookies are baked, about 3 minutes.
- Then transfer the cookies onto wire rack to cool completely.
- These great simple crispy butter cookies are not too sweet but nice and buttery. They are very nice served with a cup of good quality tea.
- They can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature for several weeks. A perfect addition for any festive snacks!