These butter cookies are slightly sweet and buttery with wondefully crisp edges. They can be used in a cookie press or as drop cookies. As this is a butter cookie, most of the flavour is coming from the butter so try to use a good quality butter. These crispy butter cookies are so good, it’s just impossible to stop after eating one!
Crispy Butter Cookies 香脆牛油饼干
These butter cookies are slightly sweet and buttery with wondefully crisp edges. They can be used in a cookie press or as drop cookies. These crispy butter cookies are so good, it's just impossible to stop after eating one!
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
Servings: 72 cookies
- 2 cups butter, 454g, room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar, 270g
- 2 eggs, A grade, room temperature
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 590g
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the sifted all-purpose flour into a medium bowl. Then add in the salt.
- Using a whisk, stir it well and set aside.
- Next put the softened butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat the butter until it's just creamy and smooth (optional).
- Add in the white sugar. Then cream the butter and sugar on medium high until it's light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla extract. You can actually substitute with lemon or almond extracts if desire.
- Gradually add in the flour.
- Starting on low speed, mix the flour into the sugar mixture. And we're done!
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour along with 2 cookie sheets. This will make it easier to work with. When the dough is chilled, it will not spread as much while baking.
- Right before baking, preheat oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F). Place oven rack in the centre of the oven.
- Fill your cookie press with chilled dough.
- Then press the cookies onto ungreased chilled cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Decorate the cookies by placing decorative chocolate chips in the centre.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven until they are slightly golden on the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet to cool on wire rack once cookies are baked, about 3 minutes.
- Then transfer the cookies onto wire rack to cool completely.
- These great simple crispy butter cookies are not too sweet but nice and buttery. They are very nice served with a cup of good quality tea.
- They can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature for several weeks. A perfect addition for any festive snacks!
Tried this recipe?Mention @HuangKitchen or tag #huangkitchen!
Be sure to chill the butter cookie dough thoroughly before putting in a cookie press so it will keep its shape while cooking. Its recommended to use unsalted butter in this recipe but if salted butter is use, omit the salt.