Steaming is such an ideal method to cook chicken. It allows us to cook our chicken without using too much oil. Chinese steamed chicken is simple, quick and the meat is always so tender in texture.
Chinese Steamed Chicken 中式蒸鸡
- 1/2 whole chicken, 600g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, cut into thin strips
- First spread salt evenly on both sides of the cleaned chicken. Set aside for 30 minutes. Then place the chicken to steam in the steamer.
- Steam over high fire for about 20 to 30 minutes until done (you can easily insert a chopstick in). The chicken is done when the meat is white and firm to the touch.
- Cut the cooked and tender chicken into pieces of your favourite size and set aside.
- While the chicken is being steamed, minced some ginger and garlic. Also chopped some green onions and have ready some vegetable oil.
- Prepare to cook the sauce. First saute the minced garlic in hot oil.
- Then add the minced ginger. Fry the minced garlic and ginger till fragrant and golden brown in colour.
- Transfer the browned garlic and ginger together with the fragrant oil into a small bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of good quality soy sauce into it and mix everything together. This is a simple but full of aroma sauce.
- Drizzle the aromatic sauce evenly over the chopped chicken. And we're done!
- Garnish with some chopped green onions and red chillies before serving with steamed rice.