Banana Oat Muffins
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- ¾ cup All – purpose flour
- ¾ cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- ⅓ cup Castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil, or Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Mashed ripe bananas, or 2 – 3 bananas
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. (DRY)
- In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla extract. Then add the mashed banana and combine thoroughly. (WET)
- Add the DRY to the WET. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Do not overmix or the muffins will become tough.
- Line a 24 cup muffin pan with paper muffins. Using an ice-cream scoop, put the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes.