Stir Fry Hairy Gourd With Glass Noodles ( Sohun )
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1 Hairy gourd, 500g
- 50 g Glass noodles
- 30 g Dried shrimps, or haebee
- 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 100 ml Water
- Salt, to taste
- Wash and scrap off skin of hairy gourd and cut into thin strips.
- Soak the glass noodles until soft ( about 15 minutes )
- Soak the dried shrimps until soften ( about 10 minutes )
- In a wok, heat up 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Add in dried shrimps and fry till aromatic. Then add the garlic, fry till golden brown.
- Add cut hairy gourd and sauté for 5 minutes, mixing well with the garlic and dried shrimps.
- When slightly soften, add in water and glass noodles. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Finally when glass noodles has soften, season with soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Hairy gourd is called jit-gwa in Cantonese. It’s flesh tastes very much like zucchini but firmer texture. It has a light layer of hair, … hence it’s name: hairy gourd