Lotus Root Soup 莲藕汤
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 600 g lotus root, or Lin Ngau (clean, peeled and cut into 1 cm thick)
- 300 g Arrowroots, or Fun Kok
- 500 g Free range chicken, remove skin and cut into 4 pieces
- 100 g Peanuts, washed, soaked in water, de-shelled and drained
- 1 piece Cuttlefish, snipped into pieces
- 4 pieces Dry scallops, softened
- 6 pieces pitted red dates, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Wolfberries / goji, soaked in water, drained
- 1.5 litre water
- salt, to taste
- Blanch the chicken pieces in boiling water. Discard the water and set the chicken aside.
- Heat up a soup pot of water. When boiling, add the chicken pieces and all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer the soup over low heat for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is fully cooked and lotus roots and peanuts are tender.
- Stir and add salt to taste.
- Blanch the chicken pieces in boiling water. Set aside.
- In the pressure cooker, add the lotus roots and all ingredients including the salt.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Bring to a boil ( high heat ). When pressure cooker sounds, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 15 minutes. Then turn off heat. Wait for pressure to be released and it’s ready to be served.
Cooking Using Pressure Cooker: