Steam egg is a popular Chinese homemade dish. It can be steamed in a rice cooker and it can also be cooked in a wok or steamer. The results are always the same …. soft and silky with a smooth surface texture. This dish is a traditional version of the popular Chinese steam egg recipe but with minced pork, salted egg yolk and century egg added ….. Hence the name: steamed pork with three colour eggs.
Steamed Mince Meat With Three Colour Eggs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 grams meat, minced
- 1 Salted egg yolk, cut into chunks
- 1 Salted egg white
- 1 Century egg, cut into chunks
- 150 -250 ml Warm water, ( measure water using eggshell method, ie for 1 egg fill half an eggshell 3 times with water)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 dash pepper and chicken stock granules
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fried garlic oil / sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Light soy sauce
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the 3 eggs and salted egg white.
- Next add in the water and mixed well.
- Then add the cut egg yolk and century egg.
- Mix well and pour the egg mixtures into an 8"- 9" steaming plate.
- Steam at medium to low heat for about 10 minutes or until the egg has set and just firm. It’s recommended to check for doneness so that it will not be overcooked.
- Remove from steamer, sprinkle the oil, chopped onions and soy sauce on top.
- Serve immediately.