Banana Nut Muffins
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 2 ½ cups All purpose flour, or 313g
- ¾ cup Sugar, or 165g
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 56 g Butter
- ½ cup Walnuts, or Pecans
- 2 large Ripe bananas, or 3 small
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 220 degree C. Line a 12 muffin pan with muffin liners. I am using DROMMAR muffin pan and muffin liners from IKEA.
- In a large bowl: mix flour, sugar and baking powder. Using a pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Then add walnuts/ pecans. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl: whisk bananas, milk, eggs and vanilla extract together. Then add this wet mixture to the dry flour mixture. Using a spatula, mix everything until flour is moistened. Do not over mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Fill the muffin cups to the top.
- Turn down the oven to 200 degree C and place muffin tin in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
The DROMMAR muffin tin is able to make muffins with a bigger top. Hence the batter for this recipe is thicker than usual muffin batter. Also the muffin cups need to be filled to the top.