Pickled Green Chillies
Although we can easily buy pickled green chillies in the supermarkets, home-made pickled chillies always taste so much better, crunchier and fresher without the preservatives and other additives. This is my first time making pickled green chillies at home and I was pleasantly surprised that it just took 10 to 15 minutes to prepare and the chillies were ready practically overnight. Everyone should have a jar of this in their fridge at all times.
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 200 g Green chilies
- 1 cup Rice vinegar, 250 ml
- ½ cup Caster sugar, 100g
- ½ teaspoon Fine salt
- Wash and drained the green chillies. Cut into 3mm slices,
- Pour very hot water over the sliced chillies. Let stand for 10 seconds. Then drained well.
- Then place the cut chillies in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in the vinegar.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jar to pickle the chillies.
- The chillies will be ready in just after 2 hours.