Yee Mee with Campbell Soup
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 2 pieces Yee Mee noodles, or fried egg noodles
Seasoning for Noodles:
- Light soy sauce, to taste
- Dark soy sauce, to preference
- 1 Dash Sesame oil
- 1 Dash White pepper
- 50 g Chicken fillet, sliced and marinate with soy sauce, pepper & cornstarch
- 1 piece Fish cake, sliced
- 2 stalks Choy sum, or baby Bok Choy
- 5 pieces Shitake mushroom, soaked and sliced thinly
- ½ can Button mushroom, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1 can Campbell soup, , mushroom or chicken
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch, mix with some water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil a pot of water. Cook the Yee Mee to remove excess oil.
- In a casserole, mix well the seasoning for Yee Mee with the cooked noodles. Set aside.
- Heat up wok. Add 1 tablespoon oil and add in the garlic. Stir fry until light brown.
- Add in shitake mushroom, stir fry until fragrant, next add in chicken fillet.
- Fry until chicken is about cooked.
- Next add in 1 can of Campbell soup, then add 2 can of water ( soup: water = 1:2 ). Stir well.
- Bring the soup mixture to a boil. Add the fish cake and button mushrooms. Add soy and dark soy sauce. Adjust to taste.
- Thicken the gravy a little with cornstarch mixture.
- Last add in the Choy sum/ Bak Choy. Switch off flame.
- Divide the seasoned Yee Mee into plates. Pour the hot gravy over it.
- Serve immediately with some cut red chillies/ cut bird’s eye chili.
- The thickness of the gravy is on own preference. Some may like thicker sauce or vice versa.