Nam Yue Fried Chicken is an unbelievably easy, yet incredibly tasty chicken dish. All you need to do is marinate the chicken with Nam Yue or red fermented beancurd and deep fry it. Just be sure to marinate the chicken long enough, preferably overnight so that all the flavour gets into the meat.
Nam Yue (Fermented Red Beancurd) Fried Chicken
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1 kg chicken whole legs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 20 g sugar
- 20 g belacan, or shrimp paste
- 1 egg
- 100 g rice flour
- 40 g potato starch
- 10 g chili powder
- 1 red fermented beancurd
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut the chicken into pieces, wash and drained.
- Mix marinade ingredients well in a bowl.
- Combine chicken with the marinade in a big bowl or container. Leave to marinade for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Deep fried marinated chicken in a wok of hot oil over low heat until cooked through. Remove and drained. Then serve.
To deep fry nam yue chicken: