Simple Fish Porridge Teochew Style
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 500 g fish, fresh
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 slices ginger, julienned
- 2 litres water
- 1 teaspoon preserved vegetables, or Dong Cai
- ½ tablespoon garlic oil
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fried shallots, or garlic crisps
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 stalk coriander leaves, cut into sections
- Clean and sliced fish into pieces. Marinade with soy sauce or salt (to taste) and sesame oil.
- Bring water to a boil. Add in the cooked rice and fish. Continue to cook till boiling. Season with chicken stock, garlic oil and white pepper.
- Scoop the fish porridge into bowls and garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves. Serve with a dipping side of light soy sauce and sliced bird's eye chilli (cili padi).
To cook fish porridge teochew style:
Clean and sliced fish into pieces. Marinade with soy sauce & sesame oil.
Rinse, drained preserved vegetables and julienned some ginger.
For garnishing, cut coriander leaves, chopped green onions and fry some shallots.
Fry minced garlic in oil, reserved crisps and oil separately after frying.
Continue to cook till boiling.
Then the rinsed preserved vegetables.
Lastly, add in the marinated fish.
When fish porridge has come to a boil, season with chicken stock, garlic oil, salt and white pepper.
Scoop the fish porridge into bowls.
Serve hot, garnished with spring onions, coriander leaves, crispy garlic and shallots.
Add a dash of pepper and season with soy sauce if necessary. This dish, simple fish porridge teochew style is certainly my family ultimate comfort food.
SO … ENJOY!
My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.