Pork Ribs in Plum Sauce: Rich and Tangy, Sweet and Sticky Ribs
Pork Ribs In Plum Sauce is an easy fried pork ribs recipe that promises glossy, sweet and sticky ribs with a rich tangy taste. It is a dish that required little preparation and even easier cooking technique. They are super easy to cook with an awesome flavour of sweetness and tartness from the sour plum preserves and lip-smacking savoriness from the light soy sauce and pork ribs itself.
Make This Delicious Spare Ribs Dish At Home In No Time
For this recipe, I have used soft pork ribs, which are basically pork ribs with soft white bones and slight fat marbling on its meat. Start by first cleaning the pork ribs with lukewarm water. Then marinate the pork ribs for at least 30 minutes or preferably overnight. When done, deep fry in hot oil till they turned golden brown and are cooked through. Dish out and drained to remove excess oil.
Lastly, cook the liquid plum sauce mixture until it thickened. Immediately toss in the fried pork ribs and mix well to thoroughly coat all the pork ribs with the glossy and sticky sauce. Dish up and serve hot with rice or just own its own as a party food. Taste great either way.
A Chinese Style Spare Ribs Recipe That Is Surely A Keeper
These sweet and sticky pork ribs are simply delicious and ridiculously addictive. The thick and smooth texture makes the plum sauce perfect for coating each and every fried golden brown pork ribs, thus making the meat really tender and the pork ribs so flavourful. You may probably need to make double or even more as they go very fast once they’re served on the table.
Pork Ribs In Plum Sauce 酸梅酱排骨
- 500 grams soft pork ribs
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 sour plum, Remove seed and mashed
- 3 tbsp sour plum sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 100 ml water
- Start by cleaning the pork ribs. First add salt onto pork ribs. Then pour in lukewarm water. Give the pork ribs a thorough massage. Next drain and wash another round.
- Then drain well and put into a mixing bowl.
- Next prepare ingredients to marinade the pork ribs.
- First mix in salt and light soy sauce into pork ribs. Then add in egg and mix to coat the ribs with the egg mixture. Lastly add in the cornflour and all-purpose flour and mix to combine well.
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Next prepare the sauce ingredients.
- Mix and combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. And we are ready to cook the dish.
- First heat up oil for deep frying. Deep fry the marinated pork ribs till golden brown and cooked. Then dish out, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Next remove all cooking oil and heat up wok again. Add in sauce and cook until it starts to turn thick. Then add in the deep fried pork ribs. Mix well to coat the pork ribs with the thickened sauce. And we are done!
- Remove and transfer the pork ribs on a serving plate.
- Serve immediately with rice or even on its own. Enjoy!