Steamed Spare Ribs, A Dimsum Favourite
Steamed Pork Ribs is a popular dish in most Chinese families. In fact, you can find this dish in most dim sum restaurants but they are served in smaller portions. These steamed pork ribs taste so good, one plate is never enough. So, it may be a good idea to prepare this dish at home so you can enjoy to your heart’s content.
Unbeliavably Simple To Prepare
The preparation and cooking process is pretty simple. To make sure the pork ribs fully absorb the seasonings, just be sure to marinate the ribs for a few hours or even overnight. They are then placed on a heat-proof plate and steamed to create a delicious savoury treat. And that’s it! Last but not least, the distinctive flavourful sauce from the bean paste and the juicy yet tender steamed ribs go so well with piping hot steamed white rice too.
As always, ENJOY!
Steamed Spare Ribs with Fermented Bean Paste 豆酱蒸排骨
- 600 grams pork spare ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
Pork Ribs Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
Pork Ribs Marinate:
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fermented bean paste, minced
- 1 tsp fermented black beans, soaked and drained
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- First, remove skin and mince some garlic.
- Then deseed and chop one red chilli.
- Soak dried black beans and drain well.
- Mix together the minced garlic and chop garlic with fermented bean paste and dried black beans. Then set aside.
- Rinse pork spare ribs and drain well.
- Then blanch the pork ribs in hot boiling water to remove impurities.
- Drain well and season the blanched ribs with sugar, chinese cooking wine, light soy sauce, ground white pepper, sesame oil, cornflour and a little water.
- Then add the bean paste mixture to the pork ribs and mix to combine everything together.
- Cover and set aside to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Then, transfer the marinated pork ribs to a heat-proof plate. Spread the ribs as close to a single layer as possible.
- Prepare steamer by bringing water to a boil. Place the plate of ribs in the steamer.
- Cover and steam over medium high heat for about 25 to 30 minutes until the meat is cooked through. And we're done!
- Remove from steamer and serve hot garnish with fried garlic and chopped spring onions. As always, ENJOY!