Make This Amazing Braised Spare Ribs Dish For A Sumptuous Meal At Home
Braising is a very convenient method of cooking at home as it’s super easy and full of flavour. Essentially, it’s just simmering meat and vegetables in a small amount of liquid in a covered pot to enhance the liquid’s flavor and tenderizes tough cuts of meat to melt-in-your-mouth perfection. The taste is just fantastic.
So you can imagine how braising some pork ribs with pumpkin will taste like. It will be tender pieces of pork ribs braised in a rich tasting pumpkin flavourful sauce. Cook with just a few simple ingredients, this is a great way to surprise your family with a fabulously sumptuous meal at home.
Braised Pork Ribs With Pumpkin: A Braised Dish That Is Packed With So Much Flavour and Super Easy To Make
Braised Pork Ribs With Pumpkin is a simple Chinese-style dish that’s super easy to make. The ground bean paste used to braise the pork spare ribs are the key flavour components of the dish. Cut the pork ribs into bite size pieces and marinade with some marinating sauces for a few hours. Next sauté some chopped garlic, fermented bean paste and plum sauce till aromatic. Then add in the marinated pork ribs and pan fry till slightly brown and well coated with the sauces.
Then braise the pork ribs by adding just enough water to cover the ribs and slow simmer till the pork ribs turn soft and tender. Next add in the cut pumpkin and cook till the pumpkin is soft and a bit mushy. Lastly thicken the gravy with a little cornflour, mix well and we are done! Best to serve hot with hot steaming rice.
Braising Pumpkins with Spare Ribs.. Simply Delicious
Pumpkin is extremely versatile and can taste so good in this savoury meat dish. The pumpkin is delicious as it absorbs all the wonderful flavours of the braise. This cooking process also brings out more of the sweetness from the pumpkin. On top of all, pumpkin is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Braised Pork Ribs With Pumpkin is made so special as the pork ribs are glazed in a rich pumpkin based savoury sauce which gives this dish so flavourful.
Amazing Texture And Taste, Goes Perfectly With Steamed Rice
This dish will certainly tempt anyone to enjoy not just the tender pork ribs, but also the mushy pumpkin and rich sauce to the last bite with much enjoyment. Certainly this comforting Braised Pork Ribs With Pumpkin is the perfect dish to share with family and friends. Everyone at the table will surely be impressed.
Braised Pork Ribs With Pumpkin 金瓜焖排骨
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 400 grams pork ribs, cut into 1 inch in length
- 200 grams pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fermented bean paste, minced
- 1 tsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ¾ cup water, enough to just cover the pork ribs
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 rock sugar, can also use 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- Skin pumpkin and cut into big chunks. Set aside.
- Clean and rinse pork ribs. First add salt followed by hot water. Clean the pork ribs and then drain off the water. Repeat twice and drain well.
- Have ready ingredients to marinade the pork ribs.
- Marinade the pork ribs with the ingredients and set aside in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight. And we are ready top braise the pork ribs.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in wok or a deep pan. Add in minced garlic and fermented bean paste. Saute over medium heat till aromatic.
- Then stir in the plum sauce.
- Next, add in marinated pork ribs. Cook briefly to mix well and the pork ribs are lightly brown and no longer pinkish in colour.
- Then add in water, just enough to cover the pork ribs and bring it to a boil.
- Next, add in dark soy sauce and rock sugar.
- Cover the wok and using low heat, simmer the pork ribs till tender, about 1 hour.
- Check for doneness using a chopstick. If the pork rib is tender enough, you can insert the chopstick easily into the meat.
- Then add in the pumpkin chunks and stir to mix well.
- Cover and allow the pumpkin to simmer till they turn soft and cooked.
- When the pork ribs are tender and the pumpkin has softened, add in the thickening solution and stir to mix and once the sauce is reduced and thickened, quickly off the heat.
- Dish up, garnish as desired and serve hot with white rice.