Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 240 ml plain yoghurt, or 1 cup
- 80 ml vegetable oil, or 1/3 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 260 g all-purpose flour, or 2 cups
- 100 g sugar, or 1/2 cup
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 240 ml fresh or frozen blueberries, or 1 cup. Do not thaw if using frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C (375 degree F). Place rack in centre of oven.
- Line a 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium size bowl: whisk together the WET ingredients namely:the lightly beaten egg, yoghurt, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl: whisk together the DRY ingredients namely: flour, sugar,baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- With a rubber spatula fold the WET ingredients into the DRY ingredients.
- Stir only until the batter is moistened and JUST combined. This is a thick batter because of the yoghurt.
- With an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter full into the lined muffin cups. Make sure to fill each muffin cup full with batter as these muffins rise very little.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer muffin pan to a wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Can also be baked in a 12 muffin cups pan. Then bake for about 20 minutes.
Make sure egg and yoghurt are at room temperature. This allows them to be more easily incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
Fresh from the oven