Apple Strudel Muffins
- 2 cups All-purpose flour, , 250g, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Butter, , 113g
- 1/2 cup White sugar, , 110g
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, , 88g
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup Apples, grated
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar, 58g
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Butter, , 14g
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix well flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together soften butter and sugar on medium high until it’s smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Then add 2 eggs, one at a time and beat until the mixture is smooth again. Now add the vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Fold in the apples, then gradually stir in the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Use an ice-cream scoop for ease and uniformity. If the batter seems a bit stiff, keep in mind the apples will release some moisture when baked.
- Time to make the crumbly drizzle topping. To the brown sugar, add the flour and ground cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the strudel topping evenly over the muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm.