I am quite certain that there is nothing in this world comparable to a warm, freshly baked muffin to wake up to in the morning. Muffin is also one of my hubby’s many favourite morning breakfasts to pack to office.
These apple strudel muffins are fairly easy to make. They are moist and packed with flavour. Truly a prefect breakfast on the go or snack.
Apple Strudel Muffins
I am quite certain that there is nothing in this world comparable to a warm, freshly baked muffin to wake up to in the morning. Muffins are also one of my hubby’s many favourite morning breakfasts to pack to office. These apple strudel muffins are fairly easy to make. They are moist and packed with flavour. Truly a prefect breakfast on the go or snack.
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 2 cups All-purpose flour, , 250g, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ cup Butter, , 113g
- ½ cup White sugar, , 110g
- ½ cup Brown sugar, , 88g
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Apples, chopped
- ½ cup Apples, grated
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar, 58g
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Butter, , 14g
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix well flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together soften butter and sugar on medium high until it’s smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Then add 2 eggs, one at a time and beat until the mixture is smooth again. Now add the vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Fold in the apples, then gradually stir in the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Use an ice-cream scoop for ease and uniformity. If the batter seems a bit stiff, keep in mind the apples will release some moisture when baked.
- Time to make the crumbly drizzle topping. To the brown sugar, add the flour and ground cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the strudel topping evenly over the muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Mention @HuangKitchen or tag #huangkitchen!
These apple muffins with a crumbly cinnamon topping smells so good in the oven, you’ll want to bake a tray every morning!
Transferring to wire rack to cool…… But don’t cool them too much as these are just SOooooo DELICIOUS serve warm.
Moist and fluffy cinnamon muffins with chunks of tender apples throughout, finishing off with a crisp strudel topping.
These particular muffins are so fruit-filled, they are ………………. positively wholesome.
…………. Delicious muffin with glorious soft and spongy centre.
These dark, moist muffins, studded with fresh apples will keep well for several days. The crumbly drizzle topping on top really adds a nice crunchy touch. That makes them extra special!
They’d also make a great gift to someone,………….who wouldn’t love to receive a basket full of homemade muffins?
Finally, an apple muffin where you can taste the apple. Nice topping, ……. excellent texture.
A definite keeper!
So ………. enjoy!