Steam Minced Pork With Tung Choy
- 300 g Minced pork
- 3 tablespoon Tung Choy, , soaked in water for 15 minutes, rinsed 2x and chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced and fry into garlic crisps
- 2 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 pinch MSG, or 1/2 cube chicken bullion, optional
- Mix minced pork with tung choy and seasoning ingredients and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Wet a dish, shake off excess water to prevent steamed pork from sticking to it. Place seasoned meat on dish, spread out and level meat very gently with the back of a wet metal spoon. Try to make it about 1 cm thickness. Drizzle the garlic oil over the top of meat.
- Steam in a wok over rapidly boiling water for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- When done, garnish with the garlic crisps and serve immediately.
- Mixed all the ingredients in a slightly deep plate that fits the steamer in a rice cooker.
- When rice is going to be cooked , place plate on top of the steamer and let the steam of rice cook the meat for about 30 minutes.
Rice Cooker Method: (This dish can also be steamed on top of rice in the rice cooker so no washing of cooking utensils is needed……. So easy and convenient!)