Perfect Baked Bacon
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 500 g Bacon
- Aluminium foil
- Baking pan, or baking sheet
- Paper towels
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Place a rack in nye lower third of the oven.
- Line a baking pan with foil ( this makes clean-up easier ).
- Lay the bacon on the baking pan in a single layer. The bacon can be close together but don’t overlap or the bacon will stick during baking. If need, use a second baking pan.
- Place the baking pan of bacon in the oven and bake until the bacon is deep golden-brown and crispy, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you like it.
- Begin checking around 12 minutes to monitor how quickly the bacon is baking. Pour off the bacon grease as needed so the bacon isn’t totally submerged in the oil.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and use tongs to transfer it to a paper-lined plate to drain and finish crisping.
- Serve immediately.
For even crispier bacon, put a metal cooling rack over the foil-lined baking pan and lay the uncooked bacon over the cooling rack. This will allow the bacon to cook from all sides and become extra crispy.