This is a quick and easy recipe for making instant classic, home-style warm cinnamon rolls using a soft, quick rising dough. The dough is slightly sweet, so yeasty and incredibly soft and buttery. More importantly its unbelievably super easy and fast to make by hand. It is a soft dough that you can’t go wrong with!
Soft And Buttery Walnut Cinnamon Rolls
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- ¾ cup milk, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, soften, 57g
- 3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, , 406g
- 1 ½ teaspoons instant yeast, , 7g
- ¼ cup sugar, , 55g
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, , 175g
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- ½ cup butter, soften, 113g
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped, 65g
- Place 3/4 cup milk into a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear. Add 1/4 cup of butter. Stir until it melts. Then remove it from the heat. Set the pan aside to allow mixture to cool until LUKEWARM.
- In a large mixing bowl, place 2 1/4 cup of flour. Add sugar, salt and yeast. Stir these dry ingredients well. Then add water, egg and LUKEWARM milk mixture. Stir the mixture well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- When the dough has begin to pull together into a ball, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough for about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes. It won't really rise in this step, it just needs a chance to let the gluten settle.
- While the dough is resting, lightly greased 12 muffin cups. You can also bake these in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Then place brown sugar, ground cinnamon and soften butter in a medium size bowl. Beat the cinnamon sugar mixture until its combined well. Set aside.
- Roll the dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Then spread the sugar cinnamon mixture on top of the rectangle. Spread it until its about 1 inch from the edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. (Or raisins). Roll up the dough and pinch the seam to seal it.
- Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place each roll, cut size up into a muffin cup. If you are using a baking pan, let the rolls touch each other in the pan.
- Cover the rolls with a damp towel and let them rise until double in size, about 30 minutes. While the rolls are rising, preheat oven to 190 degree C (375 degree F).
- Place the rolls in the oven. Make sure to place a baking sheet underneath to catch any drips. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until browned. Remove muffin pan to wire rack to cool 5 minutes. Then remove rolls from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm.
- If you bake the rolls in a 9x13 inch pan, you need to increase the baking time to 25 - 30 minutes. You can also make a cream cheese icing to spread over the rolls.
First measure ingredients to make these cinnamon rolls.
Place 3/4 cup milk into a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear
Add 1/4 cup of butter.
Stir until it is melted. Set aside mixture to cool until LUKEWARM
Place 2 1/4 cups flour into a large mixing bowl.
Add 1/4 cup of sugar.
Followed by 1/2 teaspoon salt.
And 1 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast.
Stir the dry ingredients well.
Then add 1/4 cup of water.
Followed by 1 egg.
And the LUKEWARM milk mixture.
Stir the mixture well.
Then stir in another 1/2 cup of flour.
Stir until mixture is well combined.
Then add in an additional 1/2 cup of flour.
Stir until the dough begins to pull together into a ball.
Then turn it out onto a lightly floured board.
Knead until the dough is smooth, about 5 minutes.
Then place into a mixing bowl.
Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes.
While the dough is resting, lightly greased 12 muffin cups.
Then make the filling. Place 1 cup of brown sugar in a small bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
And 1/2 cup of softened butter.
Beat the sugar cinnamon mixture until it’s combined. Set aside for later use.
Turn the rested dough onto a lightly floured board.
Roll the dough into a 9 x 12 inch rectangle.
And then place the sugar cinnamon mixture on top of the rectangle.
Spread it to within an inch from the edges.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of toasted chopped walnuts.
Then starting at the long end, roll up dough like a jellyroll. Pinch the seam to seal it.
With a sharp knife, cut the dough crosswise into 12 equal pieces.
Place the cinnamon rolls, cut side up into prepared muffin cups.
Cover the dough with a damp towel.
Let them rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
While the dough is rising, preheat oven to 190 degree C (375 degree F).
Place the rolls in the oven. Remember to put a baking sheet underneath the muffin pan to catch any drips.
Bake the rolls for 20 minutes or until they are nicely brown.
Remove the muffin pan from oven to cool about 5 minutes on wire rack.
Then remove the rolls from the muffin cups to cool on a cooling rack.
And you’re done! Serve these freshly baked walnut cinnamon rolls warm.
These cinnamon rolls get their great flavour from the cinnamon, brown sugar,butter and chopped walnuts.
The brown sugar gives these rolls a caramelly richness that’s just fabulous.
The sweet sugar cinnamon walnut filling together with the fluffy, soft and buttery texture make these sticky rolls a surefire people pleaser!
These are absolutely perfect cinnamon rolls, very rich and delicious.
So light and fluffy. Definitely taste like the actual Cinnabon rolls if not better!