Sesame Oil Chicken
- 2 chicken whole legs, cut into bite size. can use whole chicken, thighs or drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 slices ginger, cut into thin strips
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water, or 125ml
- Marinate cut chicken pieces with some soya sauce.
- Heat sesame oil in wok, fry 2 eggs and set aside. Add ginger strips. Stir fry until light brown and aromatic.
- Remove half of golden brown ginger strips and set aside.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add seasonings and stir well. Cover the wok with the lid and simmer under low heat for 5 minutes until the meat becomes tender.
- Dish out onto serving dish, add the eggs on the top and garnish with the fried ginger strips. Serve hot with warm steam rice.
- After the chicken is cooked, add a splash of Chinese rice wine. You can smell the aroma of wine evaporating after a few seconds. Garnish with the fired eggs and fried ginger strip. Serve immediately.
Optional: Using Chinese rice wine