Stir Fry Sambal Long Beans
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 300 g long bean
- 1 ½ tablespoon dried shrimps
- 2 tablespoons belacan, known as shrimp paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100-200 ml hot water, depending how soft you want to cook your long bean
- Salt and chicken stock, to taste
Sambal belacan (sambal shrimp paste) Blend ingredients into a sambal belacan paste
- 4 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 red chillies
- 4 dried chillies
- 1 piece belacan, known as shrimp paste
- First wash, rinse and drain well the long beans. Cut the long beans into 2 inch in length.
- Then soak the dried shrimps until soft, drained and chopped coarsely.
- Next blend or pound together the chillies, shallots, garlics and shrimp paste. We're now ready to fry the long beans.
- First heat up oil in wok. Then add the coarsely chopped dried prawn and stir fry until golden brown.
- Next add in the shrimp paste. Stir fry until aromatic.
- Add the cut long bean and water. Mix well with the samba paste mixture.
- Season with salt and chicken stock to taste.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until water evaporates and the long bean is cooked and is well coated into the sambal.
- And we're done! Dish out onto plate and serve hot with steamed rice.