Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 113 g unsalted butter, or 1/2 cup – melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 160 g milk, or 2/3 cup
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 260 g all – purpose flour, or 2 cups
- 135 g sugar, or 2/3 cup
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 120 g chocolate chips , semi sweet, bittersweet, milk or white chocolate chips, 1/2 cup
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- ½ tablespoon sugar, double the quantity if you prefer a more generous topping
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, double the quantity if you prefer a more generous topping
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C ( 375 degree F ) and place oven rack in the centre of oven.
- Butter or line a 12 / 24 muffin cups pan with paper liners.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla extract (WET)
- In a large size bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. (DRY)
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon FOLD the WET ingredients along with the melted butter into the DRY ingredients. Stir only until the ingredients are moistened and JUST combined. Do not OVERMIX or the muffins will be tough.
- Using an ice cream scoop evenly fill the muffin cups with the chocolate chip batter.
- In a small bowl mix the topping ingredients and then sprinkle a little topping on each muffin.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffin pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- These muffins are best eaten warm right away. They can also be covered and stored at room temperature for a few days or they can be frozen too.