Dry Wanton Noodles ( Konlo Wantan Mee )
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 6 pieces Fresh wanton noodles, or Wantan Mee
- 1 bunch Choy sum, washed and cut into 2 inch length
For garlic oil:
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
For wanton noodle sauce: ( 1 serving )
- ½ tablespoon dark caramel sauce
- ½ tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic oil, or shallot oil
- ½ tablespoon lard oil
- Homemade Char Siew, BBQ pork
- Homemade Wanton
- Pickled green chilies
- For garlic oil: in a wok, heat oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and fry for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the garlics turn golden brown. Remove from heat ans set aside.
- Heat up a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 piece of noodle and cook for 40 – 60 seconds. ( taste test for doneness ). Then rinse in cold water. Quickly blanch again in hot water for 5 seconds and drain.
- Place ingredients for Wantan Mee sauce in a bowl and mix well. Add the cooked noodle and mix well to coat, place noodle on serving plate. Repeat step 2 and 3 for the remaining noodles ( one at a time ).
- Using fresh pot of boiling water add a drop of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt. Blanch the Choy sum for about 20 seconds until cooked. Divide the vegetables among the plates.
- Top the noodles with homemade char siew and serve with a bowl of homemade wantan / sui kau soup and pickled green chillies.