The chicken is first marinated, then deep-fried and later braised in a milk sauce until thickened. This makes the chicken tastes extremely smooth, creamy and simply delicious. Adding a hint of chilli gives the chicken a little bit of heat and for the overall dish, full of flavours. May be a good compliment to serve alongside some Cucumber and Pineapple Pickles we made from previous week too.
As always, ENJOY!
Creamy Curried Chicken 奶香咖喱鸡
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 500 grams chicken, or 2 chicken whole legs
- 1 lemongrass, chopped
- 4 bird eye chillies, diced
- 1 tbsp meat curry powder
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 1 tbsp margarine, or butter
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- ½ tsp salt
- Start by chopping one lemongrass and dicing 4 or more bird eye's chillies.
- Then, cut chicken into pieces and season with marinade for at least 30 minutes. Using high heat, deep fry the chicken until golden brown in colour and crispy. Then, remove and drain well on paper towel. And we're ready to fry the chicken!
- To fry the chicken, first melt margarine / butter in a hot wok. Then, add curry leaves followed by bird eye's chillies and chopped lemongrass. Stir fry until aromatic.
- Next, add in curry leaves, evaporated milk and seasonings. Bring the sauce mixture to a boil.
- Then, add in the fried chicken and continue to stir at high heat until well combined and the sauce has thickened.
- Dish up and serve immediately. So Enjoy!