Seriously, Nothing Beats Homemade Pickles
Pickle is a method of preserving vegetables and fruits to develop the flavours before ready for consumption. This homemade pickle recipe for Cucumber and Pineapple Pickle is extremely easy to make. The process of this pickle making may take a bit of time, but it is extremely simple. It’s not labour intensive, there’s no cooking to be done and the dish is packed with so much flavour. Just combine all the cut ingredients and mix thoroughly. Then refrigerate for an hour and serve chilled.
Burst of Flavours, All in One Bite of This Fantastic Asian Pickle
Nothing match homemade pickles. The delightful balance of sweetness from the sugar and fresh, juicy pineapples, tanginess from the vinegar, saltiness from the light salt seasoning and spiciness from the chillies simply tickle our taste buds. It’s sweet, sour, tangy and spicy all in one bite giving such a kick to your meals.
This pickle dish is an all time favourite and its the perfect accompaniment with rice and any meat curry dish. Seriously no curry meal is complete without it! As always, ENJOY!
Cucumber and Pineapple Pickle 腌制黄瓜凤梨
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1 cucumber, skinned, seeded and cut into long strips
- 1 Carrot, skinned and cut into long strips
- ½ pineapple, skinned, cut into small slices
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced thickly
- 3 bird's eye chillies, diced
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup water, boiled and at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- First, peel cucumber, slice lengthwise, remove seeds and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. Skin carrot and cut into long strips. Then, skin pineapple and cut into thin chunks. Cut onion in half and slice finely. Lastly, slice red chilli and bird eye's chillies.
- Next, have ready all ingredients for the pickle solution: vinegar, water, sugar and salt.
- Mix and stir till sugar and salt dissolves.
- Place the cut vegetable and fruits into a big casserole. Pour in pickle solution and mix well. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for an hour and it's ready to be served.
- Best to serve this delightful pickle chilled with any rice or curry dish. So Enjoy!