A Humble Yet Super Delicious Dish: Stir Fried Diced Vegetables, Char Liap Liap
There are so many things to love about this humble home cooked dish. It’s simple and quick to make and full of wholesome goodness. It tastes savoury yet sweet at the same time. A popular dish in most Chinese families, it is sometimes known as “Char Liap Liap” in Hokkien dialect which literally translates to “Stir Fried Cubes”.
All About Cubes: Various Cubed Vegetables, Stir Fried to Aromatic Perfection
The star ingredient is the preserved sweet radish which gives the dish such a flavourful taste and a super crunchy bite. This dish is best served with hot plain porridge or steamed white rice for a light meal in the homes. Certainly a very treasured dish, so special to many people as it brings back old memories and old taste.
As always, Enjoy!
Stir Fried Diced Vegetables (Char Liap Liap) 炒粒粒
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 150 grams long beans, cubed
- 100 grams fresh shrimps, shelled and cubed
- 100 grams Carrot, cubed
- 100 grams pickled sweet radish, cubed
- 50 grams raw peanuts, with skin and fried
- 1 beancurd, tau kwa, fried and cubed
- 1 5 spice beancurd, tau kwa, cubed and fried
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken stock granule
- 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
- First, finely chop garlic. Then dice the preserved sweet radish, long beans and carrots into 1 cm length.
- Slice firm beancurd (tau kwa) into thinner pieces, pan fried and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Next, dice 5 spice beancurd (tau kwa) and deep fry till fragrant. Then set aside.
- Lastly, fry raw peanuts until golden brown. Then drain on paper towel. And we're ready to fry the diced vegetables.
- To fry, first heat up wok with 1 tbsp cooking oil. Add in chopped garlic and stir fry till fragrant. Then add in preserved sweet radish cubes and continue to fry till aromatic. Next, stir in cut long beans and carrot cubes and mix well.
- Season with salt, oyster sauce, chicken stock granules and light soy sauce.
- Next, add a little dark soy sauce for colour. Lastly, add in the fried beancurd and fried peanuts. Continue to fry for about 5 minutes. Gently mix well and we're done!
- Dish out onto a serving plate and serve immediately. This dish is usually served with hot plain porridge or steamed rice. As always, Enjoy!