This is a delicious recipe for flavourful and moist pumpkin muffins and they make a wonderful fall breakfast treat or snack. They are more cake like in texture as they contain butter instead of vegetable oil and are loaded with chocolate chips. The earthy flavour and dense texture of mashed fresh pumpkin is just perfect in these muffins. The orangy brown colour of pumpkin stain the muffin batter so distinctly that when baked, the muffins really look so inviting and delicious.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, 113 g
- 1 cup sugar, , 200 g
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, , 195 g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh mashed pumpkin, , 175 g
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted, 65 g
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, , 42 g
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F). Place rack in centre of oven. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Make sure the baking soda is mixed into the flour.
- Place butter in bowl of electric mixer. Beat till smooth, Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl if needed.
- Next add the flour mixture followed by the mashed pumpkin. Beat until everything is mixed together. Then fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the pumpkin batter into the lined muffin cups. Place in the preheated oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tray on a wire rack to cool 5 minutes. The remove muffins from muffin tray to cool completely on cooling rack. These muffins are best the day they are made. You can also cover and store them for a few days.
To bake chocolate chip pumpkin walnut muffins:
First preheat oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F).
Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin liners.
Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Then add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla extract. Scape down sides of mixing bowl if needed.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
Add the flour mixture into the smooth pumpkin and egg batter.
Then add in the fresh mashed pumpkin. Beat till everything is mixed together.
Lastly fold in the chopped toasted walnuts and chocolate chips.
Use an ice cream scoop to spoon batter into muffin liners.
Fill till 2/3 full.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the centre of muffin comes out clean.
When baked, remove muffin tray from oven onto wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes.
Then transfer the muffins to cool completely on cooling rack.
And you’re done! These muffins are best the day they are made.
The orange brown colour pumpkin together with chocolate chips make such a delicious combination for this muffin. They are like a match made in heaven!
These spiced pumpkin muffins are delightfully moist, hearty and loaded with chocolate chips and walnuts in every single bite.
SO ….. ENJOY!