This Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts is a delicious way to cook soy bean sprouts. Fried with flavourful fermented beanpaste, this is certainly a dish that you will cook again and again.
Watch How To Make Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts
Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts: A Flavourful Way To Fry Soy Bean Sprouts
Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts is an easy, extremely healthy and tasty dish that just takes minutes to prepare. It is delicious served just with a bowl of hot steamed rice. The secret to this flavourful dish is the use of fermented bean paste or tauco. The fermented bean paste gives the dish a wonderful savoury flavour. It may be salty but when sautéed with fresh garlic and chillies, the gravy becomes mildly spiced and provides a great combination with the fried beancurd puffs and soy bean sprouts.
The fried beancurd puffs soak up the gravy making every bite into the beancurd puffs totally amazing. Also adding green Chinese Chives and red chilli not just enhances the flavour, they give the dish such a contrast of colours. One may not like Soy Bean Sprouts, but this flavourful and radiant colour dish may just change your mind 🙂
What is Soy Bean Sprout?
Soy Bean Sprout is another type of bean sprout besides the popular Mung Bean Sprouts or better known as taugeh. Like other bean sprouts, the Soy Bean Sprout is a culinary vegetable grown by sprouting soybeans. Soy bean sprouts are also known as Tauge Soya or Tauge Kasar in Malay, or 黄豆芽 in Chinese. Both types of bean sprouts are equally inexpensive and readily available.
As compared to mung bean sprouts, soy bean sprout are bigger, firmer and crunchier. Soy bean sprout is distinguished by its bright yellow big head. This type of bean sprouts are known for having a nutty, sweet flavour and a nice, crispy texture.
What are The Benefits of Soy Bean Sprouts?
Soy bean sprouts helps to lower the chances of cancer, cardiovascular diseases due to the presence of various health promoting phytochemicals having high antioxidant properties. Soy bean sprouts are also believed to help make iron more available for your body. This can help more iron get absorbed into your body. Thus, these sprouts may help treat iron deficiency anemia.
How To Make Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts
Start by Prepping Ingredients
Start by preparing the ingredients for the dish. Blanch the beancurd puffs briefly in hot water and drain well to remove excessive oil off the surface. Wash the soybean sprouts thoroughly under running water and drain well. Cut washed Chinese Chives into sections, sliced thickly a red chilli and chop a clove of garlic. And we are ready to cook!
Stir Fry All Ingredients Together and Serve
To stir fry, first heat up oil over medium high heat until just smoking and sauté chopped garlic till it releases its fragrant. Then add in mince meat and fry till it turns white. Add in fermented beancurd, stir to mix well with the meat. Quickly add the soy bean sprouts in a very big bunch so that it can cover the circumference of the hot oil. Fry and turn over the sprouts until all are lightly covered and mix with the fermented beancurd.
Next, add in the beancurd puffs. Continue to toss and mix together. Then add in water and the seasonings. Bring the gravy to a boil. Next, add in the cut chinese chives and red chilli. Stir quickly on high heat till well combined. Lastly thicken with a little cornstarch solution and we are done! Dish up and serve immediately.
Tips For Perfect Stir Fry Vegetables Everytime
Prepare everything before hand before you start stir-frying vegetables. This is because the cooking process is quick so you will not have time to chop and mince when you are stir frying.
Just like Mung Bean Sprouts, Soy Bean Sprouts contain moisture. You’ll want to sear them with high heat for the shortest time, so they retain their crunch but don’t taste raw. Using a wok with high heat also imparts a smoky flavor to the dish, making the soya bean sprouts extra delicious.
If you like this Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts, you may also be interested in our recipe for Stir Fry Bean Sprouts with Salted Fish, Stir Fry Tau Miu (Sweet Pea Sprouts), Fresh Spring Rolls (Popiah). Do check it out!
Still can’t get enough of vegetables recipes? Do check out our entire egg tofu vegetables recipes collection.
Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts 豆腐卜炒黄豆芽
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 300 grams soy bean sprouts
- 100 grams meat, minced
- 8 beancurd puffs, cut in halves
- 100 grams chinese chives, sectioned
- 1 red chilli, sliced into thick pieces
- 1 tbsp fermented beanpaste, taucho
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 50 ml water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch solution, for thickening
- ½ tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- ½ tbsp shaoxing wine
- Have ready all ingredients needed for the dish.
- Cut fresh beancurd puffs into halves. Then blanch in boiling water for about 3 minutes to remove oil, turning occasionally. Rinse in cold water slightly. Drain well and squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- Rinse the soy bean sprouts thoroughly under running water a few times and drain well. Wash the chinese chives, drain and cut into sections. Then set aside.
- Also mince some meat, chop a clove of garlic and cut a red chilli into thick slices.
- Last, prepare the seasonings and mixing them well into a small bowl. And we are ready to cook the dish.
- First, heat up 2 tbsp cooking oil. Then saute chopped garlic till fragrant. Next add in minced meat and fry till meat turns white. Add in salted bean paste and stir fry briskly till well meat is evenly mixed with bean paste and aromatic.
- Add in soy bean sprouts and beancurd puffs. Toss well together. Next, add in water and seasonings. Mix well and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add chinese chives and red chillies. Stir at high heat till combined. Lastly thicken with cornstarch solution and the dish is ready to be served.
- This Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts dish is delicious served with a bowl of steamed white rice. So Enjoy!
Stir Fry Beancurd Puffs With Soy Bean Sprouts:
- Prepare everything before hand because you may not have time to do anything when you are stir-frying.
- Choose fresh soy bean sprouts that are plump and white. Cooked the soy bean sprouts as soon as possible because they only stay fresh a day or two in the refrigerator.
- Wash thoroughly the soy bean sprouts under running water before cooking to prevent food poisoning.
- It is important to blanch the beancurd puffs in hot water to remove excessive oil on the surface.
- Bean sprouts contain a lot of moisture. You’ll want to sear them with high heat for the shortest time, so they retain their crunch but don’t taste raw. Using a wok with high heat also imparts a smoky flavor to the dish, making the veggies extra delicious.