These juicy homemade hawaiian aloha chicken burgers are flavourful, simple to make, healthy and simply delicious. The ground chicken meat used is very lean and low in calorie, so these chicken burgers are a truly guilt-free treat. With all the packed flavours and juicy pineapple slices inside, these will definitely be a hit among the kids.
How To Make Hawaiian Aloha Chicken Burger
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 500 g ground chicken meat, lean
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, minced finely
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken meat, breadcrumbs, egg, milk,garlic,onions, salt and pepper. The egg, milk and breadcrumbs are the key ingredients to bind the mixture together. The rest of the ingredients is just for flavour. Using your hands, spatula or wooden spoon, mix all ingredients until they are well combined.
- Divide chicken into 4 or 5 piles (you decide which portion is best for you) and using your hands, shape into patties. First pick up a handful of the mixture and roll into a ball. Then using the palm of your hand, press down on the top of the ball and make it into a disk. Using your fingers, smooth and shape the outside edges until it is perfectly round.
- Preheat a pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat and add some olive oil to it. Place the burger patties in and cook them until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. (Cooking time will vary according to the thickness of your burger). It is best when cooking these burgers to flip them only once.
- Place the cooked hamburger patties on a toasted hamburger bun, topped with your favourite condiments and served. You can also serve them as a hot hamburger or solo with a side dish of fries or mashed potatoes.
- It's ideal to use these homemade burger patties to cook your homemade hamburgers for your children to pack as a lunch pack to school too.
Prepare the seasonings to be put into the ground lean white chicken meat to make the hamburger. These serve to add flavour to the chicken meat.
Place the ground lean chicken meat in a mixing bowl. Then add milk, egg and breadcrumbs ( essential ingredients to bind and hold the patty together).
Next add the rest of the seasonings into the meat mixture. (Add flavour to the meat)
Combine everything together using your hands, spatula or wooden spoon. Its best to use your hands for this purpose as you will be able to massage all the ingredients into the meat thoroughly.
Divide the chicken mixture into 4 or 5 portions, depending to your liking.
Pick up each portion of the mixture and put it on a plate. You may want to weigh each portion to make sure they are of the same size.
Roll each portion into a ball.
Using the palm of your hand, press down on the top of the ball and make it into a disk. Then using your fingers, smooth and shape the outside edges until it is perfectly round.
Do the same for the other 3 portions.
Then preheat a non-stick skillet or pan over medium-high heat and add some olive oil to it.
Place the burger patty in.
Cook them on each side for about 5 minutes, pressing them down as you cook until golden brown in colour.
Flip once and cook the same way on the other side of the burger patty for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
When done, brush with some barbecue sauce to infuse more flavour.
Brush the same for the other side of the golden brown burger patty and you’re done!
To serve the burgers, get ready some fresh homemade hamburger buns. Otherwise you can buy some from the store.
Can access here for details on how to make this super bun.
Otherwise its also available here in Snapguide.
Slice the hamburger bun lengthwise across the bun.
Lightly toast with some soft butter.
Place a lettuce leaf , some onion rings, avocado and cherry tomatoes on the upper half of the bun.
Spread just a little light mayonnaise on the bottom half.
Then place a piece of cheddar cheese chicken slice.
Top with the homemade chicken patty.
Topped with a ring of pineapple slices, cut in half.
Top with the other half of the bun.
Serve with some Mackie’s of Scotland potato chips and fruit salad for a healthy finish.
Use as a lunch pack by garnishing with “smiley face” tomato ketchup on the top of the soft bun which can double up as a dipping.
Place this juicy aloha chicken burger that kids like so much into an airtight collapsible container together with some healthy crispy potato chips as bonus.
Pack the juicy hawaiian chicken burger together with a lunchbox salad containing cut fresh fruits and cut vegetables. This is a great way to add extras for the lunchbox and its the perfect healthy meal for every kid in school.