Crispy Promfret in Garlic Oil
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1 Black Promfret, Large
- 1 bulb Garlic, minced
- 1 stalk Chinese parsley, or cilantro, to garnish
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- Clean and rinse the fish, removing scales and guts. Pat dry thoroughly and score slits diagonally across both sides of the fish.
- In a heated wok, put in the oil. Add the minced garlic and fry under low heat, stirring all the time until garlic is crisp and light golden in colour. Remove the crisp garlic from the oil and set aside.
- Using the garlic oil, put in the fish. Fry using medium heat, turning the wok every few minutes to make sure the whole fish is fried crisp. On the last few minutes of frying, turn the fire to high to give the fish a truly crispy taste.
- Place the fried fish on a serving plate. Top with the golden fried garlic and drizzle the black and soy sauce on it. Garnish with some Chinese parsely and serve warm with plain rice.
- Dipping the fried fish in a small saucer of bird’s eyes chillies, mince garlic, sugar and calamansi juice is just heavenly.