This is a quick and easy pancake WITHOUT baking powder. The pancakes are light but not as fluffy as no baking powder or baking soda is used. It is definitely a more healthy version pancake. They are great for morning breakfast and super delicious with honey and butter.
Plain Pancakes ( Without Baking Powder )
- 200 g all-purpose flour, sieved
- 400 ml water
- 60 g Milk Powder
- 20 g butter, Or Margarine, melted
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs, medium size; Add the eggs into the water and whisk together
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a big bowl, mix together the flour, milk powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the egg mixture gradually into the flour mixture, whisking* to just a smooth batter.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Lightly grease a shallow frying pan and heat until hot.
- Add enough pancake batter to thinly cover the bottom of pan.
- Cook for a few seconds until light brown. Turn over and cook the other side.
- When cooked, place on a plate and fold.
- Keep warm in a 100 degree C oven if not serving immediately.
- Serve pancakes hot with jam or honey. For the sweet tooth, can sprinkle castor sugar with freshly squeezed lemon juice.