Simple Thin Pancakes without Baking Powder
These Thin pancakes are extremely quick and easy to make. They have a wonderfully soft and tender texture. What is so different about this pancake from others is that it is a pancake made WITHOUT baking powder. The pancakes are light but not as fluffy as no baking powder or baking soda is used. It is definitely a more healthy version pancake for those who enjoy just simple pancakes. They are great for morning breakfast and super delicious when warm up as snacks too.
Easy and Healthier Pancakes For Breakfast
I just love how the batter can be made ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for a day or two before making the pancakes. You can also make these Thin Pancakes a few days ahead and just warm up using a non-stick skillet and they taste just as good as fresh.
So Many Delicious Ways To Serve Thin Pancakes
There are many delicious ways to serve these soft and tender Thin Pancakes. They can be served just as plain pancakes or with a sprinkle of sugar and a drizzle of freshly squeezed lemon juice over them. They taste equally fabulous served with fruit sauces such as raspberry, strawberry and blueberry sauces, jam both homemade or store bought and maple syrup too.
P.S.: If you’re looking for american style Pancakes, see our other pancake recipes below:
Thin Pancakes 薄煎饼
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 450 grams water
- 200 grams all purpose flour, sifted
- 60 grams milk powder
- 50 grams sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup nestum, optional
- 20 grams butter, melted
- 1 tbsp butter, oil pancake pan
- Have ready the wet ingredients.
- Break 2 fresh eggs in a bowl.
- Place the eggs in a measuring cup and add in water. Whisk to mix well.
- Have ready the dry ingredients.
- In a big bowl/measuring cup, mix together all purpose flour, milk powder, sugar, salt and nestum.
- Add the wet egg mixture into the dry flour mixture.
- Whisk to combine and to ensure a smooth batter. The batter should have the consistency of light cream. Do not overmix.
- Lastly, stir in the melted butter.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 15-30 mins. And we are ready to make pancakes!
- First pour the batter into a smaller measuring cup for easier pouring onto the pancake pan.
- When we are ready to make the pancakes, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Then using a pastry brush, lightly butter the pan.
- Next, pour batter to thinly cover the pan.
- Lift the pan from the heat. Then tilt and swirl the pan so the batter forms an even layer. It does not have to be a perfect circle.
- Cook for about 1 to 2 mins until the edges start to curl and the top looks almost dry.
- Flip the pancake and you will see a golden brown lacy pattern on the surface.
- Continue to cook for another 15 to 30 seconds or until you see brown spots on the other surface when flipped.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate or wire rack. Continue to cook and stack the pancakes. And we're done!
- These pancakes taste great even when served on its own.
- Or you can serve with butter, sprinkle with icing sugar or drizzled with maple syrup and fresh lemon juice. Be sure to serve them hot and Enjoy!
Preparing Wet Ingredients:
Preparing Dry Ingredients:
Preparing Pancake Batter: