Blanch Broccoli with Fresh Mushrooms
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 7 slices young ginger
- 200 g shiitake mushrooms, presoaked in water
- 1 packet enoki mushrooms, optional
- 300 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Dash pepper
- 300 ml water, hot
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch water, for thickening
- Heat up the oil, sauté chopped garlic and sliced ginger until fragrant. Add in shiitake mushrooms and stir fry until aromatic. Add in seasoning and simmer at low heat for 15 mins.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling salt water until cooked. Dish and drain. Arrange in a circle onto a serving plate.
- After simmering, add in Enoki mushrooms if you like. Thicken the mushrooms with cornstarch water and pour into the middle surrounding the broccoli on the plate and served hot.