This Asian-inspired chicken dish, Thai Style Pan Fried Chicken, characterised by a subtle blends of salty and sour flavours is definitely mouth-watering and will surely enliven the Thai palate. It is also extremely easy to cook. The marinade is really easy to make as I am using instant tom yam paste. Marinating the chicken pieces with tom yam paste before cooking will help to give greater flavour to the dish.
It also adds some tang to your meal. The marinated chicken pieces are pan fried in butter to form an aromatic and light crispy brown coating. Coupled with the shredded kaffir lime leaves and chopped lemongrass, the flavours in Pan Fried Thai Style Chicken are so incredible, this dish will always be anyone’s favourite at the dinner table.
Thai Style Pan Fried Chicken is a very appetising dish and will really tantalise your taste buds and leave you wanting for more. You can also drizzle some lime juice over the pan fried chicken for a more tangy experience. This flavourful dish is best served hot with piping hot steamed rice or even eaten on its own. As always, ENJOY!
Thai Style Pan Fried Chicken 泰式煎鸡
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 2 chicken whole legs, deboned and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar, adjust to taste
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tom yam paste
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tbsp kaffir lime leaves, shred
- 1 tsp bird's eye chilies
- ¼ cup water
- Deboned chicken and cut into pieces.
- Chop all the spice ingredients for this dish.
- Mix chicken pieces with marinade.
- Set aside and season for at least 30 minutes. Then we're ready to pan-fry the marinated chicken.
- To pan fry, first melt butter in pan. Add in chicken and pan-fry till golden brown in colour.
- Then add in all the chopped spices and stir-fry till aromatic and the chicken is well coated with the spices.
- Add in 1/4 cup water and continue to fry until all the fluid has been absorbed and dry. And we're done!
- Dish up and serve garnished with more cut lemongrass and red chilies. As always, ENJOY!