Salted Egg Yolk Fried Chicken: An Absolutely Irresistible Fried Chicken With Amazing Flavours
Salted Egg Yolk Fried Chicken is no ordinary fried chicken. It is one fried chicken that’s bursting in flavour. It is also such an easy dish to prepare, made with minimal steps and also minimal ingredients. And what makes this dish so special? They key ingredient is of course the salted egg yolk. Luscious and golden yellow, the bright colour of salted egg yolk is one that opens our eyes and appetite once the rich salted egg yolk sauce is coated with the crispy chicken. It’s just impossible to stop at one piece once you start.
Definitely A Must-Try Recipe For Salted Egg Yolk Lovers
Salted egg yolk as a sauce is everything we love in our food. It is savoury, sweet and has a lingering taste of umami. For this dish, the bright yellow yolks are steamed, mashed and cook into a deliciously rich salted egg yolk sauce which is then used to evenly coat the crispy fried chicken. The result of which is a very mouthwatering, inviting and flavourful fried chicken dish. Taste is so tempting and heavenly!
An Amazing One Meal Dish To Cook At Home
Among all meats, chicken has quite a plain taste that is just ideal pairing with this savoury salted egg yolk. It is also another way to spice up an ordinary chicken dish. The chicken is first marinated and deep fried to golden perfection. Then they are tossed in a rich and creamy overflowing salted egg yolk sauce.
And with the combination of aromatic curry leaves and a hint of heat from the bird eye’s chillies to balance its richness, this fragrant concoction is amazingly delicious and highly addictive. Moreover plating it is such a visual treat, making the dish so visually appealing and equally tasty too.
Salted Egg Yolk Fried Chicken 咸蛋炸鸡
- 2 chicken whole legs, 500g, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cooking oil, for deep fry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 salted egg yolks, steamed and mashed
- 2 tbsp curry leaves, use 2 stalks
- 1 tsp bird eye's chillies, also known as chilli padi, diced
- 200 ml evaporated milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- Have ready 2 chicken whole legs.
- Wash and cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Then separate the salted egg yolks from the whites. Steam the salted egg yolks for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Then using a fork or spoon mashed the cooked egg yolk and set aside.
- Dice some bird's eye chilies. Then we are ready to marinade the chicken pieces.
- Have ready ingredients to marinade the chicken pieces.
- In a bowl, mix well chicken pieces with the ingredients.
- Cover and marinade for at least an hour or preferably overnight. Then we are ready to deep fry the marinated chicken.
- First heat up oil for deep-frying. Oil is ready when bubbles appear around an inserted chopstick.
- Deep fry chicken pieces in batches till cooked and is golden brown in colour.
- Dish up and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil. Then we are ready to make the salted egg sauce.
- First, have ready ingredients for the sauce.
- Also, have ready some seasonings.
- To cook the sauce, first heat up 1 tbsp oil in wok. When hot, add in mashed salted egg yolks, curry leaves and chopped bird's eyes chili. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat and then add in evaporated milk and seasonings.
- Bring the salted egg sauce to a boil.
- When sauce is bubbling, add in the fried chicken.
- Toss until all the chicken pieces are evenly coated and the sauce has thickened.
- And we're done! Garnish with extra chopped chili and serve hot with steamed rice.
- This dish can also be served as a one meal dish. So Enjoy!