Steamed Beancurd, A Simple Dish with The Addition of Delicious Salted Egg Yolks
Anytime you put together ‘beancurd’ and ‘steaming’, we can always pass it off as easy! To enhance its flavour, adding in salted egg yolk will certainly presents itself with brand new tasty experience without adding too much hassle. If you are looking to prepare something simple yet fancy, salted egg beancurd dish is what you are looking for!
Surprisingly Flavourful and Decadent
Nothing excites your tastebuds quite like salted egg yolk. The mixture of plain beancurd and the rich fragrant goodness of the salted egg yolk makes this dish incredibly flavourful, bringing this dish to an all new level. It is a taste to remember. Everything taste better with salted egg yolks! So Enjoy!
Salted Egg Steamed Beancurd 咸蛋蒸豆腐
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 150 grams lean meat, minced
- 2 Salted egg yolks, steamed, mashed
- 1 box beancurd, soft
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, to deep fry sliced shallots
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp shallots, sliced thinly, deep fried
Seasoning (Egg mixture):
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp white ground pepper
- ½ cup water
Seasoning (Mince meat):
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp white ground pepper
- Start mincing lean meat and garlic. Chop spring onions and slice thinly shallots, to deep-fry for garnishing.
- Wash and remove the charcoal from salted eggs. Then break shells and extract the egg yolks.
- Steam the egg yolks until it is cooked, for about 7 minutes.
- Mash the cooked yolks while it is hot, then set aside.
- Beat eggs with salt, sesame oil, pepper, cornstarch and water in a bowl.
- Add in mashed egg yolk and mix well.
- Remove beancurd from its packaging and place onto a plate for steaming.
- Then pour egg mixture over beancurd.
- Place in steamer, cover and steam on low heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the egg mixture has set.
- Meanwhile, deep fry sliced shallots in oil until crispy and golden brown. Then set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- Keep one tablespoon of oil and sauté garlic till fragrant. Add in minced meat and stir fry till cooked.
- Add oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper. Stir and mix well.
- Then pour the meat mixture over the steamed beancurd and garnish with chopped spring onions and fried shallots. Serve hot and with rice. ENJOY!
Hello, I had a question regarding the salted egg, lots of recipes call for the salted egg yolk only …. what can I do with all the leftover salted egg white portion?
You can use it for other recipes that calls for salted egg whites, such as in fried rice, fried noodles, steamed dish etc. You can keep the egg whites covered in the fridge for a few days until you use it. You can even freeze it if there is a lot. Sometimes it’s used as a substitute for salt in a dish. Check out the many recipes that uses salted egg whites.
Hi Angie Liew,
Keep up with your good work with new recipes , also try to edit your post so that it is easy to read when download as your pictures and text are not proportionally inclined. Try to find more lost recipes of olden days from parents era. Missed those nostalgic food and want to re-live them
Thanks for your thoughts. Really encouraging. Noted and Enjoy!