This is one very simple and auspicious vegetable dish for Chinese New Year. It’s literally just stir frying bean sprouts. The celery, carrots and chillies add more colours to the dish. Eating bean sprouts ( taugeh ) during Chinese New Year is believe to ensure a good start to the new year.
…..hence the name of the dish PROSPERITY YEAR!
This is one very simple and auspicious vegetable dish for Chinese New Year. Star of the dish is taugeh (bean sprouts), by eating this it s believed to ensure a good start to the new year!
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 200 g bean sprouts, or taugeh
- 2 pieces firm bean curd, shredded and deep fried
- 100 g asparagus
- 50 g Carrot
- 50 g celery
- 50 g red chilies
- 1 Tablespoon concentrated chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up 2 TBsp oil in wok. Add in (A). Stir fry for a while until everything is mixed well.
- Add in (B). Stir fry well and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Mention @HuangKitchen or tag #huangkitchen!
It may be good to remove the tail of taugeh to enhance its crispness.