Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, 42g
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add in the sugar. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or pancake pan over medium heat. I use butter to enhance the old fashion flavour. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle or pan. Brown them on both sides.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup. You can also top them with strawberry – raspberry jam.
( ii) Nice brownings around the edges.