There’s nothing simpler than a juicy honey roasted chicken and this whole roasted chicken recipe is the easiest way to make a chicken with crispy skin and flavourful, juicy meat. The combination of the flavourful marinade make this chicken dish so delicious. It roasts beautifully thanks to the hint of honey coated on the skin. This rave-worthy roast chicken make simple dinner simply special.
Juicy Honey Roasted Chicken
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 1 kg chicken, whole
- 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon five spice powder, to taste
- ½ teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- First prepare the ingredients needed to marinade the chicken.
- Mix well the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Wash and rinse well chicken. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a pastry brush, apply the marinade on outer skin and inside of chicken.
- Make sure to rub the marinade thoroughly into outer skin and inside of chicken.
- Cover the coated chicken with cling wrap.
- Keep in refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- Remove the cling wrap from the chicken the following day. Put the chicken back in the refrigerator for at least another 2 hours to dry the outer skin of chicken.
- Turn the chicken the other way around after 1 hour of drying in the refrigerator.
- When chicken is ready to be roasted, insert the chicken fork in the middle of the chicken and secure both sides to the chicken fork. Place the secured chicken fork into the roaster.
- Close the lid. Set to roast at 200 degree C (400 degree F).
- Roast the juicy chicken for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Brush a layer of honey on the skin of the chicken 5 minutes before its ready.
- Continue to roast.
- Until the skin of chicken is crispy and the meat is juicy and cooked through.
- And you’re done! Serve the juicy honey roasted chicken on a plate of lettuce, garnished with lemon slices and red tomatoes.