This recipe makes great and healthy snack especially for kids for their after-school treat or weekend lunch or dinner. The fish slices are oven baked instead of deep fried so it makes the dish so much healthier. Also a quick, savoury homemade crisp coating mixture made with cornflake crumbs are used, hence make it more fragrant. This has the best all-around flavour and crisp texture of any oven baked fish anyone has ever cooked.
Healthy Fish Cocktails
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 200 g white fish fillet, boneless
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornflake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C ( 350 degree F ). Place wire rack in the centre of oven. Line oven tray with aluminium foil.
- Cut fish fillet into meat chunk, about 3 cm square.
- Season the fish fillet with salt and pepper.
- Put wholemeal flour on a small plate. Dip the fish pieces in the flour, making sure they are lightly and well coated with the flour.
- Put lightly beaten egg in a small bowl. Put cornflake crumbs on a small plate. Dip each lightly coated fish , one by one, first in egg white, then in the cornflake crumbs.
- Spread the fish pieces in single layer on prepared oven tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then remove from oven. Turn pieces over, return to bake in oven for another 5 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favourite sauce.
Serve the fish cocktails with curry dip or any of your favourite dips. These finger licking fish cocktails make tasty meal when your kids have friends around. They’re both nutritious and appealing especially to the younger children.
Pile a pasta serving ( your kid’s favourite ) into a cupcake liner. You can use leftover pasta for dinner and just reheat them for next day’s lunch. Here, I have Spaghetti Aglio-E-Olio in my cupcake liner. Please access here for details on this recipe.
Then place the crispy fish cocktails on the side. Sandwiched each fish piece with ketchup or any of your kid’s favourite dip. So there is no need for extra dipping cup. Simply slice open the fish pieces in the middle and spread in ketchup.
AS ALWAYS …. ENJOY!