These gluten-free pancakes are made of rice flour and they are easy to make, healthy and delicious. The best part is the pancake batter can be made the night before and all you have to do in the morning is to just cook them. Breakfast or lunch, these pancakes are delicious anytime of the day.
Gluten-Free Rice Flour Pancakes
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 3 eggs, Separate egg whites from yolk
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- To make the pancakes, we need to make the pancake batter first. So prepare all ingredients needed to make the pancake batter.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff.
- In a medium size bowl, add in all the dry ingredients, starting with rice flour.
- Then add in salt.
- Followed by baking powder.
- And baking soda. Mix the dry ingredients till well mixed.
- Add in the wet ingredients, starting with egg yolks.
- Then add vanilla extract.
- Followed by milk.
- Lastly add in the vegetable oil.
- Using a whisk, mix thoroughly the dry and the wet ingredients.
- Fold in half the whisked egg whites.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the remaining of the egg whites. Mix till no lumps remain.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Lightly oil a non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip over and cook until browned on the other side, another 1 minute.
- Once it has cooked to perfection, remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve them warm with cut fresh fruits and cream drizzled over with some maple syrup.
- Taste real good with just butter and syrup too.