A Simple Yet Delicious One Meal Dish: Fried White Bee Hoon
Fried White Bee Hoon is such a delicious one meal dish that you can whip up in a jiffy. A combination of rice vermicelli with vegetables and meat, it is very well flavoured and healthy. And you know what, it may just be the dish you want to bring for parties or family gatherings too.
Best Served With Pickled Green Chillies
To cook this mouth-watering Chinese-style stir-fry Fried White Bee Hoon, all you need is just a wok or a skillet, some vegetables, meat or even seafood and of course, the secret ingredient … fish sauce. Fish sauce adds a lot of flavour to this otherwise ordinary taste of fried rice vermicelli. This awesome looking and tasty noodles can be served on its own with your favourite condiment and for me, its of course my homemade Pickled Green Chillies (click here to see recipe).
As always, Enjoy!
Fried White Bee Hoon (Rice Vermicelli) 炒白米粉
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 400 grams rice vermicelli, bee hoon, soaked and drained
- 200 grams meat, cut into cubes
- 1 fishcake, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Carrot, cut into strips, 1 carrot
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, cut into thin strips
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chinese cooking wine
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 stalks coriander, cut into long strips
- ¼ cup Fried shallots, https://huangkitchen.com/crispy-fried-shallots
- 2 eggs, to make omelette, cut into strips
- ¼ tsp salt, beaten with egg
- First, slice shallots and mince garlic. Then dice meat, slice fishcake and cut vegetables into long strips. Lastly, chop coriander leaves, slice red chillies and egg omelette for garnish.
- Marinade dice meat and soak the dried vermicelli in water for 30 minutes. Also mix well the seasoning ingredients. And we're ready to fry the rice vermicelli.
- To fry the rice vermicelli, heat up 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in wok over high heat. Stir fry sliced shallots and garlic until fragrant.
- Then add in marinated meat and fry for another 2 minutes. Toss in sliced fish cake. Next add in the seasoning broth and bring to a boil. Adjust seasonings to taste and let broth boil for 5 minutes. Add in rice vermicelli.
- Stir gently to mix everything together. Reduce heat, add in carrot strips and sliced iceberg lettuce. Toss to make sure everything is well mixed and the rice vermicelli has absorbed almost all the liquid. And we're done!
- Transfer to serving casserole immediately and garnish before serving with pickled green chillies. (See recipe here: http://www.huangkitchen.com/pickled-green-chillies/) As always, Enjoy!