Economy Fried Bee Hoon
This is also great for parties as it is filling and can complement all other finger foods and curries that you may prepare. It can also be eaten hot, warm or cold with the same great taste.
- 400 g Bee Hoon, or vermicelli
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 1 carrots, julienned
- 50 g dried prawns, minced
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Soak beehoon until it becomes semi-soft.
- Mix the sauces for seasonings together in a bowl.
- Heat wok with 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the beaten egg into an omelette. Slice thinly and set aside.
- Heat wok with one tablespoon oil, fry garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add the sauce mixture and softened meehoon. Stir using a pair of chopsticks.
- Adjust seasonings accordingly to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the egg slices and fried onions. Serve hot.
So economical yet so fulfilling. Enjoy!!!